Working in a large workgroup asks for many IT devices which cost more than your pocket size. Therefore, people move towards these mind-blowing all-in-one devices. The first thing that comes to mind is that they cost 50% less than individual machines for scanning, copying, faxing, and printing. The approximate sales of AIO printers have crossed $3 billion worth. For this reason, you can find the best all-in-one printers for under $200.
Multiple devices take up a lot of your office space and have high maintenance and power costs. While with an AIO device, you have to bear low after price and can be managed with only one cord for energy supply.
You will undoubtedly find many AIO devices in the market for under $200, but this article is unique because we have tested all the printers personally. I have also selected Epson for my personal use because it has an EcoTank for ink which costs the least and therefore provides a high yield of printing with low print cost.
- Brother HL L2350DW – $149 | Duplex | Wireless | 32PPM | Laser
- Canon TR7020 – $171 | Inkjet | 13PPM | 8.5″x14″ | Compact
- Brother MFC J4335DW – $179 | INKvestment Tank | Auto-Duplex | ADF
- Epson Workforce Pro 3820 – $199 | Wireless | Color | Inkjet | AIO
- Epson Expression XP 4105 – $165 | Auto Duplex | Voice Activated | 15PPM
- Best All-In-One Affordable Printer Under $200
- Which all-in-one Printer Has the Best Scanner, And What Can You Scan with It?
- Advantages and Disadvantages of the all-in-one Printer
Best All-In-One Affordable Printer Under $200
Brother Compact HL-L2350DW
No products found.
HL-L2350DW is a home-based monochrome laser printer with WIfi, USB for PC, and Wifi-Direct. The printer is a compact design that can fit on your desktop easily. HL-L2350DW printer for small offices can print 32 pages per minute.
When we look at the monochrome laser printers, LBP151dw and S2830dn Re entry-level printers provide you with similar features to Brother. Canon and Dell smart are highly-priced. While the Brother all-in-one laser printer is under $200 with low printing value and lean parts. Brother HL-L2350DW weighs only 15.9 pounds with a 250 paper holding capacity.
It also provides a monthly duty cycle of 15000 pages while the recommended pages are only 2000. You are looking at Brother’s competitor, S2830dn, which has 350 paper holding capability. Dell’s monthly duty cycle is 25000 pages higher than Brother’s but 5000 lower than the HP. You will lack support with external drives.
No products found.
TR7020 is designed as an all-in-one wireless printer for under $200 for small offices and home use only. The color printing quality is subpar, with 13 pages per minute. Canon also provides Bluetooth connectivity for making connections with multiple users. The printer can hold 200 pages, from which 20 4×6″ and 5×7″ sheets are rare for photos.
The Canon PIXMA TR7020 is positioned in the front line of the Canon series with 35 sheets of ADF and a multifunctioning feature. Canon Tr7020, Envy Pro, MFC-J805DW, and G7020 MegaTank AIO, in addition to printing, all are similar in scanning, faxing, and copying features. Except for the Canon, they all are manual auto-duplexer.
The printer’s outer face is just for more straightforward tasks, like multiplying the number of copies, printing commands, etc. For challenging tasks, you need to use Canon’s Smartphone app. Canon is best for small homes and businesses with high running costs, but it is an excellent choice if you are not printing more than a hundred pages inside.
No products found.
Among the light-duty AIOs, MFC-J4335DW has a fast printing speed with all the updated features, which I will discuss in a moment. This all-in-one printer for students can easily find a space in your room with its compact design.
Paper handling for scanning, copying, and printing is 150 pages. It is a bit low but reasonably goes with the printer’s price, which is very low. Brother will entertain you with auto-duplexing with a monthly duty cycle of 250-2000 pages. Surprisingly, the Brother is somewhat proving you with the 8.4 pages per minute, which is lower than a high-priced competitor Brother MFC-J1205W. This printer manages 15.7 pages per minute.
People also prefer choosing MFC-J4335DW for its faxing feature, which they use with Brother’s faxing app, which can be done from any window. As I talked, it has an ADF feeder, but that is not for duplex scanning.
Epson Workforce Pro WF-3820
No products found.
Looking for a quiet all-in-one printer, then come to the right place because Epson’s WF-3820 is a superb printer, surprisingly, with a low cost of under $200. The workforce is fast for its entry-level price.
The workforce has launched a Pro series which stands on five models, including WF-4820 and WF-4830, and the wide-format WF-7820 and WF-7840 comparatively are higher in price, volume, and features. At the same time, Epson’s WF-3820 is a low-priced printer that takes up the slightest place for its most compact design.
Like many AIOs, Workforce is also provided with an automatic ADF feeder of 35 pages which is unusual at this price but has manual duplexing. Brother MFC-J995DW also has manual duplexing but with only 20 pages. If you eagerly desire auto-duplexing, look at the WF-4830, which is $50 more expensive than the WF-3820. WF-3820 is a bit expensive because it does not support Epson’s bulk ink tank.
Epson Expression XP-4105
No products found.
Epson Expression is a wireless printer with all-in-one features of inkjet technology. They are providing you with subpar printing output with fast printing via Bluetooth connectivity. Consumers love this printer for its multiple Wifi, USB, and Wifi-Direct connectivity options. However, people prefer using it in their homes for low printing yield.
XP-4105 is $20 less in price than the XP-5100 and comparatively smaller. Unlike Epson’s costly models, XP-4105 holds 100 plain pages and 20 premium photo papers. It supports multiple documents for printing from 3.5″ to 10″. Only the XP-4105 in our reviewed printers prints borderless letter-size documents.
XP-4105 lacks with ADF feeder, which you will hardly find at this price. If you want ADF in this series, jump up 3 steps of this series and catch Expression Premium XP-7100, which is available with ADF but at a higher price than XP-4105.
Which all-in-one Printer Has the Best Scanner, And What Can You Scan with It?
Be careful while choosing the IT devices for your office and home because they determine the quality of your work. There are many digital scanners with high-quality output, but all are expensive compared to the all-in-one scanner with the printer. I tested many scanners and AIO printers in my studio and found the AIO scanner best for my use. Let’s see my conclusions.
I found that the Epson Workforce Pro WF-3820 all-in-one printer scans best. With the help of Epson’s scan, send files via email to your colleagues, and you can also transfer directly through cloud printing, Drive, and Epson connects account. You only need to register your printer with the Epson brand to avail of this service.
A scanner is a glass surface that is physically attached to the upfront of the printer, just like a flatbed standalone. It is non-moveable, and a laser beam passes beneath the glass. Scanning is somewhat similar to copying documents, but one difference is copy is a complex form of documents and photos which you manually place in the copier and take out the bulk of outputs.
Unlike a copy, a scan is a digital document transferred to the scanner and does not provide a hard copy; instead multiplies your document and saves it for later printing.
Advantages and Disadvantages of the all-in-one Printer
All-in-one printers are for all users, including officers, home-based offices, and small and medium businesses. There are also all-in-one printers for commercial uses. They all have their advantages and disadvantages as aspects of your service. Below I will discuss in detail related to my experience and research.
- All-in-one printers are space-saving designs. They are compact and can be placed anywhere in your office and home. They replace many devices like scanners, fax machines, copiers, and printers. You will find all features in a single device.
- Nothing can beat this printer with its lowest price. It replaces a number of your devices. If you purchase them separately, you will end up with $1000s, but with the all-in-one device, you can start with $150 only.
- It’s easier to maintain and understand one machine instead of handling 4-5 separate devices.
- All-in-one printers smartly save your power cost. You need only one cord to power this bulky featured device, which keeps you after purchasing costs.
- Nothing is ideal if you purchase this multitasking machine for individual use. If you use it in an office or workgroup, you will have to place 2-3 machines in a single place; otherwise, having only one device in a big organizer, users will have to stand up in line and wait for other jobs done to complete their task.
- You will have to face low specialized features. For example, its scanner will not be provided like up individual line scanner for scanning. The same thing goes for the copier and fax. If you want a high yield of all the features similar to their separate ones, you will have to handle a high budget cost for purchasing the highest all-in-one printer.
- You will have to bear the higher running cost than the simple devices because one device will use all the functions and take up a higher amount of ink.
More From InkLaserPrint