Quick Answer: The toner light blinking on Brother printers is not a big deal, it’s just a problem with the toner that is causing this.
When you use a Brother printer for the first time, you may notice a blinking light on the printer’s control panel. You have to remember that each light indicates a problem with the printer.
Similarly, a blinking orange light on an HP printer can also indicate a problem. This could be caused by a malfunctioning cartridge, a paper jam, or a problem with the printer’s firmware. To troubleshoot this issue, you should first check for any jammed paper and remove it if necessary.
This article will cover some of the possible reasons and solutions to the problem of the blinking light in your Brother printer and how to resolve it.
Toner Light Blinking Yellow – What Does it Mean?
When your printer’s toner light blinks, that means your unit’s toner is running low on the inside. The light will blink every few seconds because you will not really be able to see what is going on with the toner from the outside of your printer.
The blinking happens when the printer does not have enough toner in it, and it is telling you that it needs to be filled with toner as soon as possible.
I have an HP printer that blinks blue when the printer is connected to WiFi but the connection is unstable or the internet is very slow. The way I solved the toner light blinking problem was by refilling the toner, I restarted my router and check if everything is ok or not on my HP printer.
Even so, this does not mean that you cannot print while it blinks on. In fact, you can continue to print a lot of pages before it entirely runs out. But it’s better to refill the toner to avoid awkward situations.
Brother PrinterToner Light Blinking Yellow After Replacing: What should I do?
If you see a yellow light blinking on your control panel even after refilling the toner, it could be caused by many reasons. In order to figure out the reason for the yellow light blinking, you will need to understand the cause of the light blinking.
Sometimes, you may face your printer’s all lights blinking. In this case, the printer is awaiting immediate servicing and needs to be checked for all internal functions.
Now, let’s check out why your Brother printer’s toner light is blinking yellow after you replace it with a new one. We will be able to discover all the specific reasons why this is happening.
Reason 1: Replacement of Toner
When the toner is finished, you replace it with a new one. However, once you try to print with that newly installed toner, it does not accept it. The problem is with the toner and it is reason 1.
Reason 2: Cartridge is About to End
The reason No 2 for the Yellow light blinking is that the cartridge is almost empty. Replace the cartridges if they are damaged. If the cartridge counter has not been reset after installing a new unit, the yellow LED will continue to flash.
Solution 1: Shake the Toner Cartridge
In order to fix this blinking in toner problem, the most effective thing you can do is shake your printer. Here is how to do that. To do this, follow these simple steps below.
- Step 1: Remove the drum assembly and toner cartridge from the printer by opening the cover.
- Step 2: Pull the green lock on the drum to open it, and you will find a cartridge inside.
- Step 3: Now rock the toner cartridge gently to the left and right.
- Step 4: In step four, the toner cartridge should be reinstalled in the drum.
- Step 5: Reinstall the toner and drum assembly in the printer and close the head.
- Step 6: Should the toner cartridge blink or list, you need to replace it with some unused Brother toner.
Solution 2: Reset the Printer
You can also apply this resetting method if you just replaced your toner cartridge or refilled it and you are facing the issue of yellow light blinking. I have given the following steps for your convenience.
- Step 1: Ensure that you have switched on your printer. Open the cover head of your printer.
- Step 2: Hold the start or GO button beside your control panel to start all the lights blinking together.
- Step 3: Release the button.
- Step 4: Press the button back and forth 2-3 times.
- Step 5: Wait until all the lights blink before continuing.
- Step 6: After this, you will see that the paper light will only be blinking.
- Step 7: When you close the printer cover, your printer will be restored to its normal state.
Frequently Asked Questions
What should I do if the yellow blinking toner light on my Brother printer continues even after replacing the toner cartridge?
If the yellow blinking toner light on your Brother printer continues even after replacing the toner cartridge, here are some steps you can take to troubleshoot the problem:
- Check that the toner cartridge is installed correctly and securely in the printer.
- Perform cleaning of the printer and the toner cartridge.
- Run a test print to check if the problem is resolved.
- Check your printer manual or Brother’s website for any troubleshooting steps or solutions specific to your printer model.
- Try a different toner cartridge, if possible, to see if it resolves the issue.
- Check for any software updates for your printer and install if any updates are available.
- Check for any paper jams or other physical issues with the printer.
- Try restarting the printer and checking if the problem is resolved
- if the problem persists, you may need to contact Brother’s customer support for further assistance.
If the problem is not resolved, it is best to contact Brother’s customer support. They can help you to diagnose and fix the problem, and also check if your printer is under warranty.
Can I continue to print with a yellow blinking toner light on my Brother printer?
It is generally not recommended to continue printing with a yellow blinking toner light on your Brother printer. This light typically indicates that the toner level is low and needs to be replaced soon.
If you continue to print with a low toner level, you may experience poor print quality, incomplete pages, or even damage to your printer. Additionally, using a low toner cartridge can also void your printer’s warranty. It is best to replace the toner cartridge as soon as the light begins to blink yellow to avoid any potential issues.
When the toner is almost empty, what color light blinks?
A yellow light will blink on your control panel if the toner is close to running out. As quickly as possible, you will need to pay attention to this issue so that it can be dealt with.
Toner for Brother printers: Which one should I use?
Since Brother’s toners are designed to work at a preset temperature, Brother recommends their customers use only genuine Brother toners.
When you use toner other than that manufactured by Brother or a third-party manufacturer in your Brother printer, you are likely to reduce its shelf life. This is also the reason for the blinking yellow light on your Brother printer control panel.
Can a software update fix a yellow blinking toner light on my Brother printer?
A software update for your Brother printer may not directly fix a yellow blinking toner light issue. The toner light is typically an indicator of a physical issue, such as a low toner level, which would need to be addressed by replacing the toner cartridge.
However, it is possible that a software update may address any bugs or glitches in the printer’s firmware that may be causing the toner light to blink incorrectly. It is always a good idea to check for and install any available software updates for your printer to ensure optimal performance. But, it is not a guarantee that a software update will fix the yellow blinking toner light on your Brother printer.
Last Words: Fix it Yourself
The blinking of the light on your control panel is not all that big of a deal; it just indicates the printer’s status and if we are talking about the toner light blinking then it is a yellow light.
Each problem has a different color of light to let you know. You can fix this issue by rebooting your printer or resetting it. Occasionally, removing and shaking the cartridge also works. Rather than calling an IT technician, try to fix the issue yourself because it’s easy.